Ladies and Gentlemen, today is a day for mourning and remembering.
I was inspired by a friend to write this post, and yes, it’s exactly what it says it is: a list about my man (or at least the one I someday hope God sends my way). It’s not an extensive list, really… (Ok, that’s kind of not true…) but these are a few things that need to be true about him (as well as the last few being things that I hope to be true about him). So without further ado, THIS is my man - his qualities, attributes, quirks, and morals:
Honestly, if he knows Christ, then pretty much everything else on this list should fall right into place. I’m not worried about it. God knows my every want and need, and I have faith that He has the perfect guy out there for me… maybe he just took a wrong turn, got lost, and is too stubborn to ask for directions. :)
It’s Christmas time… let’s celebrate God’s Son!
In the spirit of giving, we would love to share some of our blessings with you! But you better hurry… Contest is only open for a short while! Winners will be announced on New Years Day, so you must enter by 11:59pm on December 31st! Interested?
Here are the rules!
- You must be following our blog (graceforthegalaxies.tumblr.com). One follow is equivalent to one entry. We realize following blogs is sometimes a hassle… but we promise not to spam your dashboard!
- You will receive another entry for each of our individual blogs that you follow: Hannah (sing2thedeepsky), Lydia (thatlovelylydia), Abbey (basejumping-abbeygbaby), and Alayna (missyalayneous). [HINT: If you follow all four of our blogs, that would be an additional FOUR entries!]
- If you submit a God-thing story to our blog, you will receive as many as FIVE entries. What does this mean? If you share a story with us about how God has been working in your life, how you became saved, or how God has used Adam in your life for His glory, you will receive entries based on the length/detail of your story. For instance, if you write a short two sentence essay about what God is doing in your life, you might receive one or two entries, but if you go all out and give us at least two paragraphs and go into vivid detail about God’s work in your life, you could receive five bonus entries! We figure it like this: if you really wanna win, you’ll put a little effort into your stories. :)
[Submit your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include your tumblr url) OR submit through our Ask the Owls button on our blog (no anon, please - we won’t know who to give bonus entries to!). You may submit ONE story for EACH of the catergories: how God has been working in your life, how you became saved, and how God has used Adam in your life for His glory. Any duplicate or second stories will not be counted for bonus entries - we do love to hear from our fellow Hoot Owls and friends, though, so don’t be discouraged from writing to us!]
- REBLOG this post! One reblog counts as one entry, and you can reblog as many as ten times for TEN total bonus entries!
- There will be more than one winner. Winners will be selected randomly. The more entries you have, the greater the chance that you will win! However, please realize that each person will only receive one prize, even if we happen to draw your name more than once.
And finally… whether you receive a prize or not, you are a winner in our eyes! Please be kind to your fellow Hoot Owls and Jesus Freaks! No downtalking, mean language, rude behavior, etc. That should be easy for you all, right? :D
We love you and are grateful for your support!
-The Hoot Owlets (graceforthegalaxies.tumblr.com)
Enter to win! :)
I think I need to post this now.
Of course Anon! We are praying!
Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand
I’ve been in your sister’s place before. I’m not a very social person, I’m quite an introvert, but there was a time in my life that I was depressed. I was sick, and I never seemed to be getting better. I wanted the pain to just go away. I didn’t understand why everything had to happen to me, or why I couldn’t just be ‘normal’. But I can tell you that God never gives up on us, and that He is always guiding our lives. Everyone has times when they feel down or depressed. Everyone needs encouragement.
My favorite Bible verse is Jeremiah 29:11 ”For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” I remember reading these words over and over - and just praying and asking God for strength. And He gave it.
Be assured, if you walk with Him and look to Him, and expect help from Him, He will never fail you. –George Mueller
Jesus will give you and your sister peace. Just trust in Him, and remind your sister how much He and you love her.
#lanternmusic #sciencevbs #vbs2014 #tonyjohnson
This looks like a lot of fun!!!
If you could just be praying for my university. I go to Liberty University in Lynchburg, VA, and last night/early this morning a police officer shot and killed a male student who was on a female hall—which is strange b/c we have a no opposite sex on policy on…
I told you I’d update you as soon as possible. It’s a lot to try to sum up, so I’ll just leave with the news link which is 100% accurate.
Please be praying for the family of Josh, and the family of the officer who had to take his life.
Thank you so much for those who have been praying.
Wanna chance at winning some neat stuff from our blog? Follow us! Share our blog! Tell all your friends, your mom, your grandma! We’re gonna be giving away some awesome prizes to our fans, followers, and fellow hoot owls in the next couple of weeks - and we’re giving you just enough time to spread…
The Real World
With a starry brush, paint the dusk venetian blue,
Because in the evening hush, you’ll never believe the view.
And when the leaves return and their whisperings fill the night,
They’ll freeze and burn where fire and ice collide.
Can you feel a silk embrace in the satin air?
If we dissolve without a trace, will the real world even care?
Downy feathers kiss your face and flutter everywhere.
Reality is a lovely place but I wouldn’t want to live there.
What is the real world? What is reality? All throughout All Things Bright And Beautiful, Adam plays with the relationship between reality and the world. In Galaxies, there’s an interesting twist on the theme of leaving the physical world and entering eternity. But this song is a bit different. It’s about treasuring a world that you cannot see or fully realize yet, and valuing eternity more than life here and now.
I’d love to see yours!! I’m tagging mine #adam expressions <3
Hannah girl! You’re tooooo cute! :D
Please pray for a couple in our church, Loretta and Lloyd King. Loretta has been battling cancer and when Lloyd was taking her to her appointment Wednesday, he fell and hit his head. He was admitted to the ICU as a precaution. They didn’t think there were any lasting effects besides a bump on the…
- the person i like and why i like them.
- a famous person i’ve been compared to.
- 5 things that irritate me about the same sex/opposite sex.
- the best thing that has happened to me this week.
- weird things i do when i’m alone.
- how i’d spend ten thousand bucks.
- things i like and things i don’t like about the way i look.
- my last night out in detail.
- something that makes me sad when i think about it.
- something i’ve lied about.
- would i rather be stranded on a desert island with someone i love for ten years or someone i hate for a month? explain why.
- something i’m currently worrying about.
- one person from tumblr i’d throw off a cliff and one i’d marry.
- something i do without realizing.
- lyrics that apply to my current situation/mood.
- a drunken story.
- something i regret.
- post a picture of myself.
- my longest relationship and who it was with.
- press ctrl v and post.
- post a bit of my last IM convo.
- 5 things i want to change.
- my view on being tumblr famous.
- someone i’d like to be for a day and why.
- 5 things within touching distance.
- story of my first kiss.
Yeah. These are pretty good. Ask me! :)